On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 2:42 PM, tjpa <t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

> Like this...
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/02/11/france.quality.life/?hpt=T2

  It often surprises me that the Internet does not really seem to have
done all that much to broaden how well a lot of people in the United
States understand and view the rest of the world and how our nation
fits into the mix.  So much information is available, yet so many of
the same and tired old myths and misperceptions abound.

  We are not the top dog in many areas that are commonly used to
determine quality of life, yet so many in the United States continue
to maintain that we are.  Yet, these same people, a lot of them in
influential positions and claiming to be experts, are quite computer
literate and routinely ply the ether of the Internet.  They must have
very powerful filtering algorithms at work in their computers that
prevent them from discovering what so many others can easily find and
plainly see.

  Steve