On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, David Hedbor wrote:
> Tim & Val Litwiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > If you have problems with long line in pico use pico -w to turn of
> > automatic word wrap.
>
> That doesn't solve all the problems actually. Lines longer than some
> number of chars gets wrapped anyway. :)
>
> > I think pico is the perfect quick editor, but I would hate to use it to write a
> > whole web site or some such project.
>
> Sure, never said it wasn't ok, but jed is so much better (and somewhat
> less minimal I guess).

Actually, the *perfect* minimal editor is joe.  It (by default) uses those
funky Wordstar commands we all have hardwired in our brains from our days
running CP/M, right?  Right?  (Or is that just me...)  Fans of Borland's old
MS-DOS development tools probably also have that same command set memorized.
And if you don't like it, you can run it as "jpico" or "jmacs" or whatever...