Le lun 17/03/2003 à 12:07, Greg Meyer a écrit :
> > So, I ask, what is worse? This scenario, or doing the supposedly bad
> > thing and logging in as root?
> >
> > That's not too bad for me since I roll my own CDs and will remove
> > mdkkdm, but I pity the poor Todd who will have to answer phone tech
> > support =(
> >
> So install kdebase-kdm and remove mdkkdm when it is necessary to do so.

Isn't that what I just said? ;-)

I know how to fix that, but telling an ex Windows sysadmin how to do it,
and then waiting for them to find their 9.1 CDs (what if the guy left
them at home or loaned them to a guy in another department), or helping
them setup urpmi to download the package (assuming they have a broadband
internet connection), is a support nightmare.

Wasn't krootwarning and the big bad red backgound not enough to get the
message that running as root is dangerous? However, do we have to force
that down people's throats?

Jean-Michel