OS wrote:

> All the best developers say with the upmost certainty that there is no bug
> because it cannot be reproduced on their system. Surely it is not correct to
> say that a situation is 'disproved' simply because you cannot reproduce this
> problem on your machine. If this is your code (I don't know if it is or not)
> and your feelings are hurt because someone repeatedly says it doesn't work,
> well tough !

No, kdf is NOT my code and I have no rights in it - other than as a
happy user.

kdf is proved to work correctly on my two bog-standard systems.

Later:  I take that back.  kdf will crash and vanish if there are
mounts done outside kdf on both /dev/loop0 (that alone is OK) and
/dev/loop1.  These mounts outside kdf themselves are OK.

mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 hydrogen3-inst.iso
/mnt/cdimage1
mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop1 hydrogen3-ext.iso
/mnt/cdimage2

These mount options are NOT documented in man mount.

Unfortunately, these two mounts are what you must do to recover the
installation files from the two beta3 iso 9660 image files (the new
beta distribution format) so that you can install using
/images/hd.img after merging the two images into a third place (which
needs all of 2 GB).

Note that the ownership of all the files in the iso images is set to
root:root, and cannot be altered because the mounts are read-only
(presumably because they are CDROM images).  I have not tried
mounting them rw.

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Mandrake Linux.