Civileme wrote:

> Unfortunately, kdiskfree seems to be seriously bugged.  I like it and use it in
> 6.1 but on partitions of 6 G or so I am always shown 1.86G.  Another problem is
> accurately representing nfs mounts ....  I am not among those who believe a
> broken tool is better than no tool at all.

As I informed you when you made this claim before, neither of these
situations occurs here.  I am surprised that once disproved you would
persist with them?

> But looking at the latest source tarball from kde.org, I
> am encountering coding errors in kdf that the compiler will not accept.

Surely such things are easily corrected at the source level?  Such
activity by Mandrake is what results in the -<number>mdk versions -
it is their job.   But thanks for attempting a compile.

> So, I think they are making the right decision even if their reasons are
> different.

I am still awaiting their decision and rationale - so far, nothing.

Again, although installing kdf-0.5.1-1mdk.i586.rpm from 6.1 produces
two warnings, I assure you all that it works just fine in all
respects for me in both 7.0 and 7.1 with > 6GB partitions and nfs
mounts galore and is in constant use with no problems.  A wonderful
piece of software!

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Mandrake Linux.