Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
Quoting Luca Berra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
smth like debian & suse?
i think they have smth like /etc/rc.boot where let say installing raidtools would drop a init script for activating the soft raids
installing lvm-tools ........................................ the VG's & LV's

this could be a good idea to try post 9.2, methinks.

after i used my LVM1 version LV's with LVM2, i can no longer access them
with MDK-9.1/ LVM1 tools & update kernel -25mdk i have 4 xfs LV's and 1 reiserfs

both times device 3a:00

under cooker with LVM2 everythings works OK

i saw this bug once, but i tried rebooting with LVM1 today and did not have any problem. could it be that lvm2 does (or did in a previous version) some weird things with lvm metadata?

it is pratically possible [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ # ./vgdisplay
/proc/lvm/VGs/vg00 exists: Is the original LVM driver using this volume
group?
Can't lock vg00: skipping

and can you load dm-mod after that and activate different VG (without deactivating vg00)? i think this shouldn't be possible.
dunno and actually don't want to try. just say we won't support mixing lvm1 and lvm2.

well,
i know you belive it's absolutely save to have "/" on lvm (lvm & cooker ml posts) but i'm still not convinced, and the mdk team probably too,
so initrd & lilo are not important as the tools & devmapper (just my thoughts)
ok, but i still would like to be able to do it manually if i so wish. as i am able to do it with lvm1 (changes to mkinitrd are small, if we want to keep mkinitrd as it is)

may be we should then drop the HB08... and fix x86_64 to use the devmapper
anyone out there running cooker on a x86_64 ?

well' i checked the sources for 2.6 kernel and they use
extern __inline__ int generic_fls(int x)
so we could drop fls from device-mapper patch instead.

regards,
L.