On 08/21/03 05:28:34, Juan Quintela wrote:
danny> o..I meant, if it still doesn't work, diff the unpacked alsa tarbal
(it is
danny> also in the patches file) against your
danny> functional alsa download, to be sure there are no differences.

Yupp, and you can send me the diff to update it.

But first, please, test 2.4.22.0.7mdk, as I fixed a typo in request
module on our alsa patches.

I diffed the sources. Your alsa tar and the official tarball are identical.

However, there are a LOT of patches applied, many of them to USB stuff, so I assume that's what's hanging the Quattro. Also I'm not sure why snd-seq-midi isn't building (or it's being deleted), but that should be easier to fix than the Quattro problem.

I'd suggest looking at SuSe's current kernel, as most of the ALSA developers work for SuSe.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant