Massive update:

On 08/19/03 16:04:22, Austin wrote:
1. Mixer settings are zero at each resart of alsa.

Looks like it's my system's fault. Please ignore.

2. MIDI doesn't seem to work at all (both USB and PCI).

Building from source with:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-sequencer=yes --with-oss=yes --disable-
verbose-printk
and installing overtop current kernel, and everything works fine. snd-seq-
midi exists again, the proper snd- modules load automatically, and MIDI works properly.

3. My quattro freezes the system.

This is also fixed. My quattro is currently working like a charm.

So a few comments:
1. Kernel 2.6 alsa backport sucks. Hard.
2. Mandrake 9.2 Audio Workstation HowTo will no longer say "you can install a professional studio in an afternoon or less with urpmi" (unless this is fixed).

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant