danny> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Austin wrote:

>> > It can also be due to one of the other ALSA patches inside mdk kernel. Can
>> > you just disable those and try, and do a diff on the rest to see what is
>> > different?
>>
>> It sounds like that might be the problem.
>> I'm not 100% sure what you want me to do though.
>> Disable extraneous alsa patches in kernel spec, rebuild a new kernel and test
danny> not sure if that is possible, you can only give the start patch number to
danny> the apply_patches script. But you can just remove them from the patches
danny> tarbal (it is in your SOURCES dir, IIRC
danny> linux-<version>q<version>.tar.bz2)

You can always try:

apply_patches --stop=ms01

apply_patches --start=za01-6

to skip all alsa patches.

Notice that alsa patches that we have are basically the only the ones
in alsa-0.9.6, or completely new aditions, i.e. basically no patches
to alsa code at all (just that their Makefiles/Config.in sucks big time).

danny> and then rebuild the kernel (check the patches you remove, some
danny> might be required to let it build properly).

>> it.  I think I can do that.
>> But then diff what?
danny> o..I meant, if it still doesn't work, diff the unpacked alsa tarbal (it is
danny> also in the patches file) against your
danny> functional alsa download, to be sure there are no differences.

Yupp, and you can send me the diff to update it.

But first, please, test 2.4.22.0.7mdk, as I fixed a typo in request
module on our alsa patches.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy