On Friday 12 September 2003 22:07, Jan Ciger wrote:
> Ok, breaking my own wow not to reply to this thread anymore, *sic*.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> | I think this may help:
> |
> | http://www1.mandrakelinux.com/en/mdkads.php3
> |
> | it clears up some misconceptions and definitely eases my mind
>
> regarding the
>
> | situation.
>
> Thanks for pointing it out, it does clear up the issues. But why this
> page had to appear only after the uproar erupted ?

Maybe because they didn't planned to have this uproar ?
You know, it was discovered this morning. And nobody at mandrake send
the pages to osnews.
Maybe it was planned to be announced today, or it was a accident.

We will never know, but i am sure that mandrake did nothing to actively
show this to the world, _precisely_ because they didn't want this to be
know right now.

They cannot react as fast as people can discuss, on this liste or on
slashdot. You know, before talking to everybody, you should carefully
think about what you will say and this is exactly what they did.

I think that the speed of today information didn't ameliorate the
situation...

--

Mickaël Scherer