On Sunday 05 October 2003 16:56, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> So, when we couldn't connect to a samba (2.0.6) server from a
> Windows 2000 machine, did we isssue an update to 2.0.7 for all
> the current releases?

Had connecting from win2k worked in previous Samba releases?  I
don't think it had.

> When you can't connect from any currently supported Mandrake
> release to a Windows 2003 Server, did we ship an update to
> samba-3.0.0 for all the current releases?

Has connecting to win2k3 worked in previous Samba releases?  I
don't think it has.

> No. Because they are feature enhancements.

When something stops working, and then starts working again, it's
called a bug fix.

> I hope you meant "working" and not "current".

I mean "whatever version is current as I write this," because in
current releases the problem has apparently been fixed.

I can't really argue about the rest, because I use Gaim to
conduct business nearly as much as my mobile phone but I haven't
had any troubles connecting to Windows servers using Samba due
to 2k3's slow adoption.

Rob