LB> well, if you insist i'll just state it works correctly for me.
LB> but if you try and give some more useful info (eg output of commands)
LB> we could see if it is a bug or another problem.

Well this was with 9.1 haven't had the time to test it with 9.2.
Anyway the situation was something like this:
lvm was set on top of raid 1. / was on /dev/root/2.
vgscan showed the volume active but other utilities (vgdisplay,
lmdispaly) showed it inactive. I noticed this when I tried to
modify lilo with raid-extra-boot= mbr-only. Lilo complained that it
cannot find /dev/root/2. And indeed /dev/root/2 was nonexisting.
I rerun installation and there it was (/dev/root/2).
So something went wrong since in installation i could see /dev/root/2.
I modified some of the init scripts but it didn't work.
I didn't spend much time on this since it was just an experiment,
I was truing to build a cheap software raid1 as a protection
against hard drive failures but i also wanted an easy way to add extra
storage.