bccz> Development is totally open. If you want to help, you can. There is no
bccz> need to ask for developers, because the policy is clear. Volunteers are
bccz> welcome and always have been.
???
Don't have to ask developers ? If I want something to be changed in ML
i will post a message to cooker list. If other people want the same
thing then it is up to the developers to make the change. After all they
are the ones who have the control over the final product.

bccz> Your point?
My point ? If you want to do it wright you do it yourself.

bccz> Or that bugs took longer to solve than the time available before they had
bccz> to meet their commitments.
bccz> bccz> Of course, Mandrake didn't go out telling people not to test this release
maybe the best solution would be a kind of a fork to create a
"perfect" ml 9.2 (9.2.1) apply all of the updates over the next month
or so and post a howto for people who wont to build their own distrib.
isos.
There have been a question on cooker list concerning this but I haven't
seen a god answer for it. I'm currently truing to do the same thing
myself.

bccz> Have you considered that maybe Mandrakesoft doesn't want postfix to depend
bccz> on mysql by default, but *does* want to make it easy for someone to build
bccz> the package with mysql support????

No. It was a mistake. The mistake got corrected a few releases later.
Anyway postfix doesn't depend on mysql it only has a module in it
built to support mysql.

bccz> All you need to do is:
bccz> $ rpm --rebuild --with mysql postfix*.src.rpm
Yeah i know how to build rpm.

bccz> No, it's in contrib, along with courier and binc and dovecot. There was
bccz> resistance to having two IMAP servers in a desktop distro. IMHO, we should
bccz> replace UW, and have Cyrus in main (reclaiming the space sendmail wastes
bccz> ;-)).

Yeah I know it's in the contrib but we voted for it to be in the main.

bccz> So, then why is cyrus-imapd in contrib now? Why are there people who are
bccz> working on making it easier to set it up?
Yes I know that it is in the contrib thanks to the votes.
Look the main problem here is that some of us need some new features
which are not so common. If added they would not make any difference
to the most people. Most wouldn't even notice them but it would make a
great difference to some of us since it would be supported by
mandrake.
Example cyrus-sasl doesn't have a support for mysql or postgre.
If added this wouldn't make any difference to most of the people.
Most of the people don't even use it.
But it would make a great difference to me since the next time a security
patch is released I wouldn't have to go try the same process of
patching building and testing. I don't have enough resources to keep
all of the old mandrake releases installed so I could build a few rpm
when a bug is found.
Maybe a moderated feature request list should be built for mandrake
developers as a reference point.
New features are always welcome as long they don't affect stability.

bccz> Please, post your bug numbers, otherwise there is no reason to give any
bccz> credence to reports like this.
Already wasted to much time writing this. Don't have the time to go
try cooker archive.

bccz> Possibly in a bug report on the RC or similar. How else do you make an
bccz> errata? Report issues that no-one has tested??
You didn't understand what i was trying to say. Some issues were
reported and didn't get fixed.

bccz> So, you have a better idea? Maybe you know how to patch CDs?
bccz> Of course, you can always do the update after installation.
You missed the point. When an obvious thing doesn't work it leaves a
bad impression.

bccz> It looks like you are new to cooker, so remember:
Actually I'm not.
bccz> 1)This is not a support list
This should be a developers list where all users can share
ideas how to make a better Mandrake .
bccz> 2)Don't troll, contribute instead (that's the only way things get better).

I'm trying and a have tried to contribute. I didn't write this just to
get some steam out. If I wanted that I would just say @[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@#!@
well something inappropriate :))))
I have been a long time user of mandrake and its irritating when the
same mistakes are happening all over again.

bccz> It also seems you are assuming the worst about everyone, instead of
bccz> realising that there are constraints on many aspects (available time,
bccz> number s of bad bug reports etc etc).
Maybe. But according to my experience until you start complaining
about something it will never get fixed.
the problem here is that until a lot of people starts complaining
nothing will get changed.
A lot of people think like this 9.0 = test, 9.1 = a little better,
9.2 = absolutely perfect.
this just to be in the old days. Now it seems that to many people are
crying for bleeding edge and distributions are truing to catch up.