Yoann Vandoorselaere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > > Just query the user at install time about which system to use.
> >
> > You can uninstall the `menu' package. We believe it's too specific and too
> > problematic to add a question at installation. (most users are pretty
> > happy with the new menu system)
>
> False argument.
> That's nor too specific nor too problematic, you can even
> do it in drakeconf, instead of at installation time.

It's specific because a minority (not a majority) of users would like to
make this choice.

But to show you I care also about minority :-), I admit 100% that you're
right for DrakConf, it's a good place for that. Also it's possible to add
an additional question for `Expert' installation class.

What I don't want is such a question in newbie install. (also, it's very
hard to explain in 2/3 lines)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/