Hi

The menu really winds me up as well. I hate being boxed into using what
the Distro vendor thinks I should use - one of the reasons I moved to linux
was cause I wanted to freedom to config my system like *I* wanted it.

People are different, and work in different ways, and what works for the
folks that invented the menu package may not work for others.

The  new unified menu in cooker looks promising, but I would rather there was
an option at install that asks users whether they wish to use the Mandrake
Unified menu or to go-it-alone, and use manually maintain their menu(s) using
the tools provided by KDE, Gnome etc.

I personally only use KDE and so have absolutely no need for a mandrake
package to unify the menu's between different environments.

Just query the user at install time about which system to use.

Regards

Nigel