OS wrote:

> I am glad to know it is not just me !!! However it strikes me that the wheel
> mouse is amongst the most rudimentary input devices and on Window$ PC's is
> taken completely for granted. It is a sad thing that Linux still does not
> support wheel mice as an input medium. - There rant over !
Ok. Stop! The fact that your Logitech mouse doesn't work does not mean
that everything else doesn't work & Linux suxx dirty.
My Microsoft (yuks!) mouse has been working perfectly from 4.0 tarball
to a 4.0.1-8mdk. Yes there is a problem with netscape. Netscape does not
seem to understand some new features of 4.0, so you have to launch
"imwheel -k" to add wheel support to netscape. Note: the problem is
netscape and not 4.0. Without imwheel I can scroll nearly everything
else, from Eterm to mozilla "M17" nightbuilds.

I started using the wheel not long ago (yeah you got it -> #:F ), so I
can't say how things stand for old versions. But, since July, I already
made a few cooker upgrades (imwheel incl.) and didn't note problems with
it (I didn't change a line of imwheelrc btw). The only possible problem
is that it doesn't launch automatically. Besides you need to do some
rtfm to install it (man imwheel and add two three lines to
XF86Config-4).

Ektanoor