OS wrote:

> Ah ha, thanks for the pointer "Written on the back: Logitech OEM M/N: M-S48a"
> the back of mine says "M-CAB48A". So... I've been round the office until I
> found an M-S48A (in the guise of an Acer mouse), and.... it works. Well b****r
> me. I also found one with M-BB48A but I haven't tried that yet. So.... it looks
> like my 'variety' of Logitech wheel mouse is not supported by X !! (Rather than
> IMPS/2 I used MouseManPlusPS/2, but it worked anyway).
>
> I have also found today http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/
> but the only mouse they say doesn't work is the M-S48 OEM !!! Well, you live qnd
> learn !
>
> Thanks, but disappointed
> Owen
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> >     Identifier  "Mouse1"
> >     Driver      "mouse"
> >     Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
> >     Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
> >     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> >     Option "Buttons"     "3"

I have a Logitech optical Wheel Mouse M-BD58 and it works fine for me with
the above config, except for one line. The Buttons should be 5 not 3.

Option "Buttons"     "5"

--
- Antony Suter  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  "Examiner"  openpgp:71ADFC87
- "And how do you store the nuclear equivalent of the universal solvent?"