Hello,

I am still having real problems with my wheel mouse. It is a Logitech model
M-CAB48A. I'll try to be brief !

Using PS/2 and protocol IMPS/2 - Erratic, uncontrolable mouse.

Using PS/2 and protocol MouseManPlusPS/2 - mouse movement fine, but no wheel.
   xev reports absolutely nothing at all for wheel movement.

Using serial adapter that came with the mouse and protocol IntelliMouse -
everything works, wheel and all.
   xev reports button 4 and 5 clicks for wheel movement.

Using Windows and PS/2 port - everything works, wheel and all.

The same mouse works using PS/2 with the Red Hat 6.2 PC's at work, and also with
my old laptop (which is using Mandrake 7.0 and the Red Hat X 3.3.5-17). I took
the hard drive out of my old laptop and put it in my new laptop, powered up and
started X leaving all the settings exactly as they were (don't you just love
the power of Linux !).  On the new laptop there was now no wheel available.
Moreover with the PC's where the mouse is fully functional the protocol has to
be IMPS/2, but on the PC where the wheel does not work IMPS/2 results in
erratic behaviour. So it could be that the combination of my new laptop and
wheel mouse cannot be seen at all by X. I am using a Dell Inspiron 7000. I have
even tried going back to older BIOS's !!!

I have reported this on the X mailing lists as well.

Owen