Apparently someone has been switching the function of the wheel mouse in
netscape and terminals several times in the last few months.

About three months ago I had netscape and most gtk apps using the wheel
for scrolling very fine, but in the terminal apps including
gnome-terminal the wheel scrolled the command history instead of the
scrollbar.

Then a change came and I had netscape not scrolling at all, most gtk
apps scrolling fine, and the terminal app also scrolling fine.

And now we are back to the first again.

I personally think that it is more useful to have the wheel working as
the scroll bar instead as the the history in the terminal apps.

Of course, it may be that this has nothing to do with the wheel mouse
Xresourses since I noticed that , but with the mapping of the "PgUp" and
"PgDn" keys, since those also scroll the command-history now (of course
I think these keys should also scroll the scroll bar; after all that is
what their name implies right?)

--
Eugenio Diaz, BSEE/BSCE
Linux Engineer