on 10/29/00 5:16 AM, Jason Straight at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I will be deterring people from buying Mandrake from Wal-Mart here and
> instead will gladly hand out the ISO's I made from the 7.2 tree. And that's
> not going to help Mandrake pay any paychecks.

Same here.

> It's really rotten. Just plain wreaks of Microsoft
> tacticts, to release too early knowing the product isn't really ready.

Make me think of two things - either MandrakeSoft is just a bunch of kids
with no idea of real business, or they know fully well what they do, and
turn out pre-release software in the name of the mighty cashflow...

Neither is a good sign for a company that claims to be professional. I
expect this from Microsoft, or maybe LinuxOne, but not from a legitimate
company.

Harry