On Thursday 31 May 2001 08:15 pm, you methodically organized electrons to
state:
>  BTW anyone come
> up with name for 8.1 other than cooker?  I loved the essay on mating
> habits of traktopels :).)

A while back, I suggested naming the releases after famous magicians (when
Mandrake had meaning as the name of a Magician and the logo was a magician's
hat and wand and Lothar was . . . ). The rejection of that schema was based
on an infringement of copyrighted names.

So how about getting back to the distro's roots and naming the release after
magic tricks? "Motorcycle to Nowhere", "Metamorphosis"  and  "Cut and
Restored Rope" are names as cryptic as Traktopel.

Or, how about naming them after French pioneers in aviation , science and so
on? It might encourage some Merkins to learn something about France,
birthplace of Rin Tin Tin.

Hoyt