Before you go ranting, what is a newbie doing running Cooker?  I can
understand experts trying to imitate the actions of a newbie.  And an
expert would have probably tried looking through the source of the
program (from another system if necessary) to see if they could find any
evidence of bad-faith info gathering.  Regardless, a professional in the
field wouldn't use phrases such as "very fucking stupid of you".
At the very least, you should have asked the question of transmission in
a professional (or at least non-crude) manner.  As is, I'd rather not
read any further posts from you.