Oden Eriksson wrote:

> On Fridayen den 2 November 2001 04.08, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> > Yura Gusev wrote:
> > >
> > > C'mon
> > >
> > > #include <iostream.h>  <------
> > > void main(){
> > > while(1)
> > > cout<<"\t\t\b\b\b\b\b\b";}
> > >
> > >  It work.
> >
> > Do you know if I can use this to respond to the Nimda probes..?  :^)
> >
> > Seriously, I consider Nimda probes attacks and anything I return is in
> > *self-defense* (even state that on my web-page)...  Currently, I try
> > returning an e-mail directly into the infected machine's port 25 in the
> > hopes of informing the owners.
> >
> > If this program can be used, it might better get the attention of the
> > infected machine owners.
>
> He he he, I like this idea, especially since I think the US of A has made
> computer intrusion equal to a terrorism act. So, this might just be legal...,
> an act of self defence :)

Precisely!  I am VERY clear about this intent on my web-pages.

I just added some more stuff to my site (http://pfortin.com): a Python script
which injects email into the offending Nimda machines (no-one has replied but
the attacks *appear* to be dwindling ever so slightly (subjective)), and a
mini-HOWTO to use the SNMP(trap) logging capabilities of a LinkSys router to
help identify other attempts at breaking into your network.

Pierre