On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 18:47, David Walluck wrote:
> On the other hand, I have an A7V motherboard and have never had a
> stability problem that I could attribute to this option. So, forcing
> this on all AMD users is stupid, and shouldn't be done. What should be
> done is the boot configuration should be fixed, and it could also
> provide a description of the nopentium flag.
>
> --

You have probably not had this stability problem because you don't have
an NVidia based graphic card (I have a GForce2 DDR) and use the NVidia
drivers.  Still, even AMD people have recognized this problem formally
and recommend the use of this parameter . . .

There is no "forcing" this on all users and it's not very stupid.  It's
also possible you don't stress your machine enough to see the probem.

I agree about the description for the flag - but there should at least
be an option during install to add it or not . . .

Cheers,
R. Fox