Robert Fox wrote:

> You have probably not had this stability problem because you don't have
> an NVidia based graphic card (I have a GForce2 DDR) and use the NVidia
> drivers.  Still, even AMD people have recognized this problem formally
> and recommend the use of this parameter . . .

Actually, I have this very card, and the NVIDIA drivers, though I get
some kind of AGP error (before the server even starts). Mandrake can't
be held responsible for *commercial* drivers though (What's with the
kernel complaining about the licenses though? Is it illegal to have
non-GPL modules? I think this is a patch that was added to the mdk
kernel.). Anyway, I like the speed increase of the NVIDIA drivers, but
the stability should come first.

> I agree about the description for the flag - but there should at least
> be an option during install to add it or not . . .

It *is* an option. Hopefully, someone else on the list is listening and
will fix the problem with drakboot.
--
Sincerely,

David Walluck