On Wed Feb 27 12:52 +0100, Stéphane Teletchéa wrote:
> Is it realted only to this CPU's (from where do you take that values), i'm
> seeing it and here is what provies cat /proc/cpuifo :
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 6
> model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1399.790
> cache size      : 256 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
> bogomips        : 2791.83

I've been running 2.4 on my Duron 650 with great stability without the
mem=nopentium option.  Perhaps a doc should be placed on the mandrake
site explaining the general issue and that it may not hurt to remove the
option, but at the first sign of stability problems, mem=nopentium
should be restored.

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When it comes down to desperation,
You make the best of your situation.
Linux 2.4.17-20mdk
  1:01am  up 1 day, 10:43, 13 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.18, 0.16