On Fri Apr 12 12:55 -0700, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2002 12:33 pm, David Walser wrote:
> > It must have been a long while.  I didn't have to read
> > anything other than the config file to figure it out.
> > I know djb's software is pretty complex.
> >

> Can postfix authenticate from ldap, mysql? Can postfix use a secure login with
> encrypted paswords (qmail can't easily do this but I whould like to find
> something that can)? Can postfix pipe mai lthrough another program for mail
> divery (procmail, maildrop, spamassasin)? Also what else can postfix do?

I haven't tried the authentication options, since I only use it locally
and it relays mail only from localhost, but I do use it with procmail to
handle delivery and filtering.  Procmail in turn filters with
SpamAssassin.

Since Postfix is largely sendmail compatible, I believe that it's
possible to make any program that's designed to interface with sendmail
work with Postfix with minimal extra work.

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

When it comes down to desperation,
You make the best of your situation.
Linux 2.4.18-6mdk
  4:01pm  up 2 days,  9:33, 12 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.29, 0.18