On 28/08/21 8:46 pm, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 28/08/2021 05:45, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
I hadn't considered the system property approach to switch to old behaviour in my proposals, so this is a very good input and I personally think the most logical proposals so far.

Roger may be right that few would care but it would be changing behavior that goes back to JDK 1.0. In your list (and thanks for writing down the options with pros/cons) then your 1a where SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH changes to write the epoch date rather than the current date seems to be most consistent with other tools and the wider eco system. It seems the least disruptive in that it doesn't change existing behavior and would be opt-in when reproducibility is required.

In that case, I will start work along these lines.

-Jaikiran