On 27/08/21 8:12 pm, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
Hello Daniel,

On 27/08/21 8:05 pm, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Jaikiran,

What about writing the keys in natural ordering?
Has that been abandoned, or will the implementation silently do it,
or will it require a new API?

In the discussion so far, there has been no opposition to changing the implementation of these existing store(...) APIs to use natural sorting order for writing out the keys.

Just to avoid any kind of confusion - when I say natural sorting order of keys, I mean the implementation will be changed to lexicographically compare the keys as noted in the compareTo[1] method of java.lang.String.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/16/docs/api/java.base/java/lang/String.html#compareTo(java.lang.String)

-Jaikiran