On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:05:16 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I have provided a test.zip file above which passed the zip integrity test via
> "zip -T" and can be unzip w/o errors, but rejected by the openjdk. That zip
> was created based on the actual specification, and not on the wiki.

Did you create that zip file manually or was it created by a tool and if by a
tool than which one? I think we must differentiate here between functional
compatibility with a tool like "zip", compatibility with a specification and
the compatibility with existing zip files and zip files created by common tools.

The latter is important and required in order to avoid regressions (and I think
that's exactly what we're fixing with this PR). Compatibility with a
specification is great as long as it doesn't collide with the previous point.
Behavioral compatibility with a tool like "zip" is the least important in this
list and I think as long as the file in question is not an artifact commonly
created by popular tools it is fine to behave different for edge cases.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15273#issuecomment-1679652919