On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:38:41 GMT, Volker Simonis <simo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Did you create that zip file manually or was it created by a tool and if by a
> tool than which one? I think we must differentiate here between functional
> compatibility with a tool like "zip", compatibility with a specification and
> the compatibility with existing zip files and zip files created by common
> tools.

That was created manually and then repacked by the zip.

> The latter is important and required in order to avoid regressions (and I
> think that's exactly what we're fixing with this PR). Compatibility with a
> specification is great as long as it doesn't collide with the previous point.
> Behavioral compatibility with a tool like "zip" is the least important in
> this list and I think as long as the file in question is not an artifact
> commonly created by popular tools it is fine to behave different for edge
> cases.

That file is accepted by zip, by the latest JDK8u382, by the JDK20 GA, and
rejected by the 20.0.2. That is a regression in the latest update of JDK11+
which we trying to solve here.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15273#issuecomment-1679696095