Hi Alex,

I think it's great this discussion has been brought up.  Personally,
whether Google Group or Zoho forum, they both have pros and cons and
I'll manage either way.

The only thing I wanted to say was that I believe there should only be
a single destination at any given moment. That is, I would not try to
maintain a Google Group and a forum.  It's just one more thing to keep
up with.  If we were to migrate to something else, we ought to tell
everyone to stop using the Google Group and start using the new thing,
with a big bold flashing message in the Welcome section to tell new
people where to go.  I recently experienced something like this with
our local PHP user group. We tried to maintain both a forum and a
mailing list, but in the end just confused everybody. We eventually
deleted the forum.

$0.02

Gerard Sychay
http://www.cincycoworks.com