Lotsa good advice in here!

A few notes from an old head:

*If you're considering raising your rates, do it.* Don't wait for someone
else to give you permission, or for the time to be "right."

*We give everyone a generous window of being grandfathered in the old
rates. *3 months is good. 6 months is generous. We give them the
option to *keep
*their existing rates beyond the grandfather window by pre-paying their
membership. This helps with our cashflow, and gives them an incentive of
keeping the olde rate.

It's also VERY important to communicate how the increase is going to
benefit them! In your case, since this is closing a financial shortfall,
don't be shy about letting people know that this will ensure that you can
keep the lights on and start to have resources to reinvest, allowing you to
say "yes" to more things that will improve the experience for them.

We've never had private offices - but the advice I've given many others has
been to adjust them appropriately as well along with everyone else to keep
things equitable. Unless your contracts specify differently I can't come up
with a reason that a private office would be treated differently.

-Alex