On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:48:46PM -0400, Bill Birthisel wrote:

> There is also the problem of installing on a perl release that predates
> Devel::AssertOS. Win32::SerialPort works fine on 5.6.0 (actually version
> 0.19 worked fine on 5.003 - but I no longer have a test bed for that).

Devel::AssertOS works at least as far back as 5.6.1, and *should* work
on much older perls.  I'd consider not working on 5.005 to be a bug,
should anyone actually report it, and would consider bug reports for
even ancienter versions all the way back to 5.0 provided that the
reporter can either provide a patch (with tests and doco if necessary)
or give me access to a machine with Ye Olde Perle installed.

Note that the user doesn't have to have Devel::AssertOS installed - it's
designed to be bundled with your code, and comes with a script
(use-devel-assertos) to make that easy.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

Eye have a spelling chequer / It came with my pea sea
It planely marques four my revue / Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word / And weight for it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write / It shows me strait a weigh.