On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 09:09:07PM +0100, Barbie wrote:

> Having said that I wonder whether the installer/smokebot is at fault
> with the non-Win32 testing. In CPANPLUS there is a specific check to
> flag any OS specific distributions as NA if on another OS. In these
> FAIL cases they are all running CPAN-Reporter-1.1711 and variants of
> CPAN-1.94XX. Is there a similar check in CPAN/CPAN-Reporter?
>
> See RELEVANT_TEST_RESULT in CPANPLUS::Internals::Constants::Report.pm
> [1] for an example.
>
> [1]
> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/BINGOS/CPANPLUS-0.9003/lib/CPANPLUS/Internals/Constants/Report.pm

That's a *really* bad way of checking.  If I'm reading it correctly,
then it will flag as OS-specific the following hypothetical modules:

Date::Holidays::AU::Darwin (public holidays specific to Darwin,
  Australia)
Test::Glob::Like::Win32 (fake up Win32-style globbing, whatever the
  hell that might be)
etc

It's also missing Haiku, Dragonfly BSD, MirOS, Midnight BSD and maybe
some others that I've forgotten.

Perl: the only language that makes Welsh look acceptable