On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 07:20:49AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
> I'm *very* sympathetic to you feeling on the firing line and would
> like to avoid that.  I think we're in a much better place due to not
> emailing authors directly and providing them with easy options to set
> notification preferences.  Plus we point them to the FAQ.

This is true. I think with CPAN Testers have a bigger profile these
days, and with authors being more understanding, testers aren't seen as
the enemy any more.

> Let's pick up the conversation when we start work on the CT2.0 clients.
>
> In the meantime, I think it's more sensible to have the *smokers* skip
> things based on heuristics like name.  If I'm smoking on linux, I
> should skip Win32-* and so on.

I think that is certainly a possibility, and was one of the solutions I
employed, but it does mean that any Win32 dist that is really
cross-platform is less likely to be spotted in this example.

When I have a bit more time, I might investigate how many OS namespace
dists have PASS reports on other OSes :)

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>