Dear Robert,

This doesn't meet the requirements, unfortunately.
To my best understanding, and of others on this list, it has not made sufficiently clear so far by you which semantics the linguistic Appellation should comprise.  Following our methodology, requirements must be backed up by representative examples that allow for narrowing down the senses to be comprised. The do not come from authority.

Most examples provided so far did not demonstrate the independence of the language specificity of the Appellation from the individual identified by it, but exactly the opposite. The difference is a matter of fundamental logic of semantic networks, and cannot be ignored.

Examples must be sufficiently representative for a large set of data. TGN, for instance, is huge, and domainßinstance specific. VIAF refers to national libraries, not to languages. "The Big Apple" is a rather rare case of a complete English noun phrase used as a place name, which exactly fits the scope note of E41. It could be documented as Title. Transliteration, you mentioned, does not create a language specificity, but a script specificity.

Please respect that it belongs to our method to discuss, if the sense of an original submission actually represents the best semantics fit for purpose, and to modify it if needed. I simply act here, as any CRM-SIG member should, as a knowledge engineer based on the examples you and others provided and try to propose the most adequate solution, and not to defend any position. I do not have any other project of my own. Please stay in your answers on the level of arguments based on representative examples and their interpretation.

sdh:C11 is a temporal entity -- the state of being named something -- and not a name itself. While interesting, as previously States have been widely decreed as an anti-pattern to be avoided, it does not meet the requirements set forth for E33_E41, which is that an Appellation itself can have a Language.
Indeed I may not describe C11 as a State in the sense we discussed it. It is as timeless as all our properties of persistent items. States are better avoided if temporal inner bounds are to be given, because they require complete observation, a sort of Closed World. This is not the case here. But this distracts from the question to what the language here pertains.

To repeat, if E33_41 is to enter unmodified CRMbase as you propose, it needs a scope note and examples that disambiguate scope and senses.  Then, *it must* be differentiated from domain-instance specific use, and the relevance of the remaining scope must be argued. All examples must be discussed and voted for.

Rather than an anonymous "requirement set forth", I definitely would like to see your examples of use of E33_41 in your applications. Is that possible? Are you sure they fit the independence from the domain instance? Are you sure there will be no abuse in the sense I, Francesco and LRM propose?

Best,

Martin

So I believe that this does not solve the problem as stated - that E33_E41_Linguistic_Appellation does not have a description outside of the RDFS document.

Rob