Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:

>>>So what do either of your goals have to do with em-based design?  The
>>>point of using ems is:
>>>
>>>3. To keep proportions of page elements the same so that line lengths
>>>remain the same (to keep them readable).
>>
>>Sorry, but - _the_ point? I thought it was just one of the possible
>>advantages.
>
> It's the only advantage I can think of.  I'd be happy to learn of more.

When you put the text together like you've done above, I don't see any
other advantages, I misunderstood you to be talking of ems for text
and/or container elements, as that was my approach... Sorry for the
misinterpretation though.

What about my suggestion on a convention as to how we show and explain
the two (valid) different approaches to page and font zooming?
As far as I've understood your position, you can hardly find it useless
because only one of the approaches is interesting/useful.

Regards

Jesper Brunholm