Moxy,

Thank you for responding.

> I was advised to use padding early in my CSS learning. The
> recommendation was to create a "boundary div" specifying margin:0 and
> padding:0 as shown in #leftMenu and then define internal margins,
> padding in a "padding div" as shown in #leftMenuPad below. That approach
> has served me well.

I am trying to understand the principle behind what you are suggesting
so that I might apply it to my situation.

However, I don't quite grasp it. It seems that you are just putting in
an extra div with padding inside another div without padding. How
exactly does this make a difference?

--
Dave M G
Articlass - open source CMS