I don't double div everything just the sections (e.g. content, menu,
footer). I still sub-divide those divs. For example:

<footer>
<footerPad>
<footerRight>
</footerRight>
<footerLeft>
</footerLeft>
</footerPad>
</footer>

I saw that Dave was struggling with his footer layout so I gave him my
approach to layout design (without addressing his specific CSS). Again
this is my opinion and I was sharing what works for me.

- Tim