Big Moxy wrote:

> You're exactly right. This approach does require extra divs but
> according to the advice I frequently get from experts-exchange.com
> that is the best technique.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can adding more divitis to a case of
already quite extensive divitis be characterized as "the best technique"?
In Dave's page that footer already has around twice as many divs as is
needed for any browser released since - and including - IE5/win. The
whole thing is just very poorly styled.

A few direct pointers to quotes and cases where that approach actually
is an advantage, might be useful, as I can't find any signs of
HTML and/or CSS "expertize" in what's behind the site you're referring
to and I'm too lazy to dig any further.

regards
        Georg
--