On 18/05/2009, at 12:06 PM, David Laakso wrote:

> Jody Levinson wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I've created this site: http://evamoon.net and it looks all right as
>> far as I can see in FF and current versions of IE, but when I open
>> the
>> pages in DreamWeaver the left sidebar appears in the lower right and
>> the navbar position overlaps the top of the content area. I don't
>> really care if it looks odd in DW, but the fact that it does makes me
>> worried that it might be broken elsewhere and I just haven't seen it.
>>
>> Would you all mind terribly having a look and letting me know if
>> there
>> are problems with the CSS? The CSS validates, though there are some
>> warnings and the HTML mostly validates except for things related to
>> the flash slide show.
>>
>> Thanks so much! (and btw, Eva Moon is my stage name)
>>
>> Jody
>>

> Jody, I do not think you can trust how anything looks in any editor's
> viewer-- including DW's. While someone else may bring up the issue you
> wrote about, I do not see it on this end in Mac FF, Mac Opera, Mac
> SeaMonkey, or Mac Safari. Nor in XP IE 6/7/8.
>
> As an unrelated aside, I prefer my font-size preference (default),
> rather than yours. And, mind that, neither Opera nor the IE browsers
> are
> capable of scaling line-height set in pixels. A raw number for
> line-height will suffice. Please see
> <http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/eva.png> (shot at 32px min-font
> size in Opera).
>
> Best,
> Samuel Langhorne Clemens,
>
> (better known by the pen name Mark Twain)

I agree, Don't worry what Dreamweaver makes of it. It looks fine on my
Safari (Version 4 Public Beta (5528.17)).
If I want to know the 'scoop' I should go to the 'Snoop' button in the
menu? And 'stop the presses' is wrong, 'press' is plural.
Nice use of transparency in the bottom fixed image. What technique did
you use?

CB