Hi Chris

Actually, as Bill points out, "stop the presses" is correct in this
sense. It refers to when a late breaking important news story would
come in to a newspaper after the edition was already on the printing
press. They'd stop the printing presses to update.

The image at the bottom is just a plain old transparent gif with a
black mask. I'm not wild about how the mask shows over a light
background, but no mask leaves jaggedy edges on the hands. It's a
tradeoff.

As for the menu titles, I know the common wisdom is to make them
straightforward, but since this is a site for a comic musician and
supposed to be fun I thought it would be all right to play. The pages
are light and few, so it's hard to get too lost. If many people
disagree, I might reconsider.

Thanks!

On May 17, 2009, at 10:34 PM, Chris Blake wrote:

> On 18/05/2009, at 12:06 PM, David Laakso wrote:
>
>> Jody Levinson wrote:
>>> Hi, all,
>>>
>>> I've created this site: http://evamoon.net and it looks all right as
>>> far as I can see in FF and current versions of IE, but when I open
>>> the
>>> pages in DreamWeaver the left sidebar appears in the lower right and
>>> the navbar position overlaps the top of the content area. I don't
>>> really care if it looks odd in DW, but the fact that it does makes
>>> me
>>> worried that it might be broken elsewhere and I just haven't seen
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Would you all mind terribly having a look and letting me know if
>>> there
>>> are problems with the CSS? The CSS validates, though there are some
>>> warnings and the HTML mostly validates except for things related to
>>> the flash slide show.
>>>
>>> Thanks so much! (and btw, Eva Moon is my stage name)
>>>
>>> Jody
>>>

>> Jody, I do not think you can trust how anything looks in any editor's
>> viewer-- including DW's. While someone else may bring up the issue
>> you
>> wrote about, I do not see it on this end in Mac FF, Mac Opera, Mac
>> SeaMonkey, or Mac Safari. Nor in XP IE 6/7/8.
>>
>> As an unrelated aside, I prefer my font-size preference (default),
>> rather than yours. And, mind that, neither Opera nor the IE browsers
>> are
>> capable of scaling line-height set in pixels. A raw number for
>> line-height will suffice. Please see
>> <http://chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/eva.png> (shot at 32px min-
>> font
>> size in Opera).
>>
>> Best,
>> Samuel Langhorne Clemens,
>>
>> (better known by the pen name Mark Twain)
>>

> I agree, Don't worry what Dreamweaver makes of it. It looks fine on my
> Safari (Version 4 Public Beta (5528.17)).
> If I want to know the 'scoop' I should go to the 'Snoop' button in the
> menu? And 'stop the presses' is wrong, 'press' is plural.
> Nice use of transparency in the bottom fixed image. What technique did
> you use?
>
> CB

TroutDream Graphics, Inc.
Always fresh. Never canned.