On May 17, 2009, at 7:30 PM, Jody Levinson wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I've created this site: http://evamoon.net and it looks all right as
> far as I can see in FF and current versions of IE, but when I open the
> pages in DreamWeaver the left sidebar appears in the lower right and
> the navbar position overlaps the top of the content area. I don't
> really care if it looks odd in DW, but the fact that it does makes me
> worried that it might be broken elsewhere and I just haven't seen it.
>
> Would you all mind terribly having a look and letting me know if there
> are problems with the CSS? The CSS validates, though there are some
> warnings and the HTML mostly validates except for things related to
> the flash slide show.
>
> Thanks so much! (and btw, Eva Moon is my stage name)
>
> Jody

Thanks everyone for your feedback. There is one page on the site that
is broken in FF: http://evamoon.net/sl/index.html

When I validate the HTML, it tells me there's a </div> missing:

#  Error  Line 87, Column 7: end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO
was specified

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to
"self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".
# Info Line 42: start tag was here

But the page uses the exact same template as the other pages, though
it's the only one that's in a subdirectory. All the code looks the
same and the divs match up - I went through the template line by line
and matched them up.

There are some validation errors due to the iframe, but the iframe is
not causing the problem. The page is broken without it and I've used
the same iframe on another site page with no problem.

I'm missing something! Help please!

Thank you,

Jody

--