-Caveat Lector-

William Hugh said,
>>But I don't think you, Eagle, would really enjoy living in a HUD
subsidized project, would you?  Nor would you enjoy trading places with
a welfare recipient?  Of course not.<<

For your information,  Mr. Hugh,  I just emerged from this system of
viscious
bureaucracy...  and did it without their help.  I am not young.  My children
are
late life children and are teenagers, now,  one just graduating high school.
So,  I speak from seven years of experience,  not just working with these
people,
but being one of the unfortunate recipients,  as recently as this past
March.

No one except some caring wonderful people from my church and some help
from a local Catholic Samaritan House,  gave a damn enough
to help me get out of this rut trap set by the government to keep people
down.
However,  I found out that with a little perserverance,  and guts,  one CAN
leave this
travesty behind,  brush themselves off and go on without the government's
intervention.

And NO,  the children do not suffer.  All the programs available center
around the child,
not the adult.  The adult who has no children will get virtually nothing,
unless they are
seniors or totally disabled by law.  I have a disability,  but evidentally
68%+ is not
enough to warrant some of the programs available.  It has to be all or
nothing.  I was
tired of seeing my children do without small luxuries that other people were
giving
their children.  I saw that taking my parent's advice to get on these
programs,  to help
me through a difficult time in my life,  was a dire mistake.  Because,  once
you sign the
papers,  you become a statistic at the mercy of the system.  And if you
don't bail out
and TRY to make it without these programs,  they will keep you down,  and
you
develop a co-dependant attitude,  scared to death that you cannot make it
without
their help.  OR,  they will throw you out,  with nothing.

I bailed,  and I wish to God I'd done it five years ago...  but I was afraid
my children
would have nothing.  Now I realize my children have had nothing because I
was on
the system.  Believe me,  if I can bail and make it,  anyone can!

So,  from experience,  I disagree.
Thanks for your comments though.
I did enjoy reading yours and several others'.

eagle1