-Cavet Lector-   <A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A>  -Cui Bono-

SkeptiNews 000110b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No spacecraft designers were harmed during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Zircon Theatre: http://www.ar.utexas.edu/Staff/White/Zircon1.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# S P A C E V I E W S - Shuttle Completes Hubble Repair; Few Space-Related
  Y2K Bugs Reported; Polar Lander Search to Continue into January; Russia
  Launches Two Military Satellites; Mir's Fate in 2000 Remains Uncertain;
  Proton Launches Planned for Feb; Rokot Booster Damaged in Accident; Terra
  Spacecraft Overcomes Early Anomalies; Off-Center Dust Disks May Reveal
  Planets; SpaceViews Event Horizon; Cyber Sci-Fi Network; Aerospace Data-
  base; Space Station; Think Mars: http://www.spaceviews.com/2000/0103/

: What's your favorite space news of the week/month/year/century/millennium?
Is space news old news, new news, usable news, baffling, relevant, exciting?

# Mineral Mining In Space Starting To Get Serious Attention - EARTH FIRST,
  we'll strip-mine other planets later: http://sightings.com/ufo6/minmin.htm
# Small Snowy Comets Found NOT Raining On Earth - so what's all that stuff
  falling on us then? Cometsnot? http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/cometsnot.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ SPACE STATION. With the recent failure of the Mars mission, the space
  program could use a little pick-me-up. We all cheered when John Glenn took
  to the skies again, but--let's face it--that was more a PR move by NASA
  than anything of serious scientific merit. The Space Station, on the other
  hand, that's where the real action is. Whether you're mildly curious about
  this USA/Russian hookup far up in the sky or a die-hard aficionado of all
  things interstellar, you'll find something of interest. Spacestation.com
  offers true geeks the opportunity to view real-time space station data and
  gives the rest of us a chance to meet crews, discover the history of space
  travel, and view launchings. Who knows? Maybe someday we'll all be up
  there, checking out Web sites about planet Earth. http://spacestation.com

: Have you designed/built/launched/inhabited/stolen/lost any space stations
lately? D'ya prefer spacestations of humans, aliens, robots? Are you spaced?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Sacrificing humans to save animals? PETA gives grants to develop use
  of embryos, alternative to rat tests. The latest issue of Animal Times,
  the quarterly publication of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
  <http://www.peta-online.org/>, announces the group's grants to companies
  developing human embryo testing as one of the alternatives to the use of
  rats and other beasts in product safety tests. Use lawyers, politicos too:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000110_xex_sacrificing_.shtml

: Would you rather test chemicals on humans, animals, aliens, robots, me? Do
you want to be a lab rat? What should we test on you? Do you want payment??

# PASSENGER PIGEONS LIVE! www.knowledge.co.uk/frontiers/sf103/sf103b06.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# World's First Clone Farm Being Built In New Zealand. (Times) Scientists
  building the world's first clone farm. A researcher from the Roslin Insti-
  tute in Edinburgh, which created Dolly the sheep, has moved to New Zealand
  to help build up a 1,500-strong herd of genetically engineered cows. Moo.
  www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2000/01/09/stinwenws02004.html?1124

: Who/what is your favorite clone? Should all farm animals be cloned? Should
you/I/they be cloned? Are clones superior? Are you? Should you be farmed??

# Report: Up To 400,000 People Could Get Mad Cow/CJD From A Single Cow -
  better kill that cow right away: http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/cow.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ THE ENVELOPE, PLEASE. OK, alright, it's Ellen DeGeneres. Now that the
  suspense is over with, check out the 99 other celebrities, athletes,
  mothers, gender-benders and political heavyweights on our Queer of the
  Century list! From Pedro Almodovar to Pedro Zamora, they're all heroes!
  Discover a little (or a lot) more about your community in this past
  Queer Century. http://www.planetout.com/news/century/

: Who's your favorite queer celebrity? Are you a queer celebrity? Who's your
favorite straight non-entity? Are you a straight non-entity? Do you dream??

# MELISSA ETHERIDGE REVEALS ROCKER DAVID CROSBY FATHERED HER CHILDREN:
  http://cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/09/people.etheridge.crosby.ap/
# Inmate sues for sex change - woman trapped in a man's body:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563130055-ea8
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

$ Prepare to get tied. This is the worlds most Bizarre & Extreme SHOCKING
  site!! Here the girls can look so young and innocent until you see them
  Bound & Gagged with all sort sorts of tools/equipment used to fill their
  orifices. They just love getting their asses fucked & filled with that
  warm flow of CUM. Taboo SEX ACTS is what all these Horny Young Bitches
  specialize in, so click and see if they can satisfy your tastes. Remember
  anything goes so prepare yourself for an experience like no other. Unless
  you enjoy raping chickens & rabbits: http://www.youngandamateur.com

: What's your favorite sexual spam? Are you tired of sexual spam? Are you a
sexual spam? What's it like? Should you be taboo, deleted, ignored, jumped?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

China-Plot-a-Rama:

# US knew China canal threat: Declassified doc shows risk of Panama control:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000110_xex_us_knew_brch.shtml
# U.S. condemns China rights violations - Govt becoming more oppressive:
www.scmp.com/News/Front/Article/FullText_asp_ArticleID-20000110003552983.asp
# US: Why are Chinese fleeing? Officials can't grok refugees from affluence:
www.scmp.com/News/China/Article/FullText_asp_ArticleID-20000110030403297.asp

# China girds for battle of spirit - Biggest test to come from religion:
  http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-01/10/052r-011000-idx.html
# China harvests human livers; Executed prisoners provide organs to wealthy:
  See http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563154130-16e and
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000271261842766&pg=/et/00/1/10/worg10.html

# Taiwan Armed With 1,000 Computer Viruses Against China - but what if they
  escape, infect rest of the world? http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/compv.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_597000/597087.stm
# Russia, China, Yugoslavia developing cyberterrorism tactics against U.S.:
  http://www.worldtribune.com/Archive-2000/ss-cyberterror-01-10.html

# Taiwan urged to be wary of China, watch for missile attack:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563129009-0a3
# Also: U.S. concerned over South China Sea, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2563118577-e48

"Is that a gerbil in your blouse or are you just glad to see me?" --anon

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Dope/Music * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Plots *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm