From: "Eagle 1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> May I add...
> Jesus was rejected by the Pharisees' temple cult of darkness.

True.  But that then does not translate into:

> Regardless
> of how many may try, no one will ever be able to apply this
identification
> of the overspreading of the abomination desolation over the Temple
and
> Jerusalem to anyone else. Jesus was crucified by these same ones who
took
> Him. (Luke 22:52-54)

Regardless of how you try to put the sole blame for Jesus' crucifixion
on the Pharisees, it doesn't change the FACT that crucifixion could
only be done by the Roman state.  The Pharisees themselves would have
been crucified for trying to crucify someone, because that would have
been seen as a treasonable usurption of Rome's authority.

If it was just a matter of wishing to be rid of Jesus, the Pharisees
could have easily had Him stoned to death.  Rome would have not
interfered.

> The Romans were trapped into this murder by
> the Sanhedrin and coercing Pilate with threats of reporting him to
Rome for
> allowing another man in the Roman Empire to be called a King.

It would have taken more than that.  There had previously been dozens
of Jewish prophets who claimed to be 'The Messiah' (and had hundreds of
followers who believed them), and had never caused Rome any worry.

You have to ask yourself WHY, if the Pharisees could have easily had
Jesus stoned to death without Rome ever blinking an eye, they needed to
'coerce' (to use your own terminology) Rome into condemning Jesus to a
manner of death solely reserved for those found guilty of high crimes
and misdemeanors against ROME.

You have to ask yourself WHY the Pharisees were suddenly able to
'coerce' Rome in this matter, when normally they had little say or sway
with or over Rome...

> The Romans
> were never blamed by the Apostles for the death of Jesus.

We have no idea what the apostles actually said in this matter, since
we have no direct writings from any of them, only what was written
decades later, after most of them were dead.  Add to that the FACT that
the western Christian church later became entrenched in Rome, and
styled itself on the old pagan Roman empire, complete with a 'senate'
(council of bishops) and a 'caesar' (the pope), and it isn't surprising
that its cronies who later sat and decided what should and shouldn't be
included in the Bible had a vested interest in removing as many
negative references to Rome as possible...and had a vested interest to
assign 'blame' solely to the Jews, and remove all blame from Rome...

But no one's yet answered my question:  what does it matter WHO is
responsible?  The whole reason for Jesus' existence was to be betrayed
and to die a horrible death as a sacrifice to atone for our collective
sins; in other words, He wasn't destined to live to a ripe old age and
die of natural causes, because such a life and death would have
rendered His existence meaningless.

Whomever is to be 'blamed' for condemning Jesus, they were just
enacting the plan already laid out by God.

So Judas, the Pharisees, and Rome itself were all integral actors in
God's grand theatrical event.

If you seek to assign 'blame' for Jesus' death, look to God Himself,
since it was His plan to begin with.

June