There is a feature in ctwm I have added and that I absolutely cannot live
without, SaveWorkspaceFocus, which restores the point focus when you switch
virtual worksapces. It saves me _so_ much mouse usage, I almost don't use at
all since I've hacked that in.   I have only seen Compiz which has something
similar (but it's a bit of a monster dependency, that wm).

Also.... I have a bunch of troubles with alt-tab, it often seems to just make
the cursor jump around, and lowering/raising windows is also broken.

Living in permanent state of compromises...