On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 02:15:04PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Aaron Sloman, and lo! it spake thus:

> Unfortunately monontone has a terrible bug: unlike wget, it loses
> all information about when the files were created, so I don't know
> how old this system is.

I'm not really sure what you mean by this.  For one thing, most of
the files were probably created 10 or 15 years ago, so that doesn't
seem a useful question; there probably haven't been any new files in a
couple releases   :)

You can use log or annotate or other such VCS operations to find out
what changes were made when, if you care about details.  If the thrust
of your question is more general "up to dateness", though, you grabbed
the dev head; you're as up to date as anybody, until the next sporadic
commits (and then you just do the pull/update dance, as you'd do
comparable ops in any VCS).

> Alas, full screen flash,

Not unexpected; I'd be quite surprised, actually, if it acted any
differently than the last release.  None of the changes since then get
near the realms that would probably have to get touched for that.

Unfortunately, fixing it will probably require somebody seeing and
caring about it to knuckle down and trudge through it.  EWMH is the
most likely culprit as mentioned, but that'll take some digging
(first, you check the flash source...  ;).  I for one couldn't even
take a first stab at it, since I neither have nor want flash on my
system (and couldn't easily get it if I did for that matter, my
platform not being showered with blessings from our Mudbrick
Overlords).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net