From:   "John Hurst", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<The law does not restrict self defence as being a "good reason",
Home Office Guidance does.  Home Office Guidance even points out
that the police _should_ not issue certificates for that purpose,
it does not say they can't.  A small but important point.>>

>OK, I will wear that one.

IG,
      That is not good enough. Your Oath of Alleigance requires that you
accept the law as it is, specificaly the common law confirmed by the Bill of
Rights and the entrenching clause;

Article 7 " That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their
Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law...".

"...Now in pursuance of the Premisses the said Lords Spirituall and
Temporall and Commons in Parlyament assembled for the ratifying confirming
and establishing the said Declaration and the Articles Clauses Matters and
things therein contained by the Force of a Law made in due Forme by
Authority of Parlyament doe pray that it may be declared and enacted That
all and singular the Rights and Liberties asserted and claimed in the said
Declaration are the true auntient and indubitable Rights and Liberties of
the People of this Kingdome and soe shall be esteemed allowed adjudged
deemed and taken to be and that all and every the particulars aforesaid
shall be firmly and strictly holden and observed as they are expressed in
the said Declaration And all Officers and Ministers whatsoever shall serve
their Majestyes and their Successors according to the same in all times to
come...".

Your previous posting was;

>It just so happens that firearms are not available for self defence. If a
>firearm had been used in this case, then, provided it was legally held for
>say, clay shooting, then no jury in a million years would convict someone
>using it. Don't delude yourself.

>The law only restricts self defence as being a good reason for
possession...

This is incorrect for those reasons. Claiming otherwise through innorance is
no excuse either because it breaches the common law requirement for Crown
servants to know the law;

'We will appoint as justices, constables, sheriffs, or other officials, only
men that know the law of the realm and are minded to keep it well.'

Regards,  john Hurst.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]